Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sibling Rivalry or Brotherly Love?!?!

Ok. I've told some people this story already but I want to share it with the others. My daughter is almost 10 and she has got a teenage attitude already! My son is 6 and just looks up to his big sisters so much. I don't know who has a sibling but if you do than you will relate to my story. Growin up my oldest sister and I hated each other...not really but back then we sure thought we did and all I can remember is my dad tellin us both that he was gonna buy us boxing gloves, put us both out in the back yard and let us go at each other til one went down. Apparantly they got tired of hearing us argue ALL THE TIME!!!

Well, now that I have children of my own, I am living what my parents did. My daughter acts like she hates my son ALL THE TIME. From the minute her eyes pop open in the morning til the time they shut at night she throws him down to the curb. She yells at him constantly, and acts like he is annoying. And all he does is keep coming back and loves her even more...like a dog who is loyal to its owner!

Well, Saturday night my son lost one of his bouncy balls down our sewer drain outside our house and he thought the world came to an end. So we went to Walmart the next day and got some stuff to eat for lunch and he took his own money to buy him another ball. While he was in the toy section he told Jason he wanted 2 balls. His words were this "Daddy, I want to buy Macey a ball too, I love her and I want her to love me and just want to make her happy" I mean does that not tear your heart apart. He just loves her so much no matter how she treats him. I cried thinking to myself that I did something right, to where he thinks of others and not only himself. I mean I know that alot of it is just being siblings but my gosh somebody tell me that it will get better!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Of course it gets better...look at us! We hated each other when we were growing up and now, I can't stand to go a day without seeing you or talking to you. You are my best friend and I love you so much! You will always have a piece of my heart. When noone else understands, a sister always will. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same here...my sister and I hated each other growing up. there's a 5 year age difference and that was tough as well. but now we are so close.

    ReplyDelete

Followers